Our team is ready to help!
VINCENT CHOUINARD, RCIC
English / French
Faq's and reccomendations for your upcoming consultation
In order to receive accurate advice the client should provide clear answers and genuine information.
Before your consultation, please:
Complete the personal information form;
- Check your microphone and headphones;
- Install Zoom if you don’t have it on your device: https://zoom.us/download. You can use any device (computer, phone, tablet) though the computer is the recommended device. You do not need a Zoom account if you don’t have one;
- Test your equipment here: https://zoom.us/test;
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection.
At the moment of the consultation:
- Access the Zoom link provided in the consultation confirmation email at the established date and time;
- Indicate your full name upon connection;
- Install yourself in a quiet area to avoid noise and distractions during the consultation.
No. You can use Zoom without an account. Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app from our Download Center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link. You can also join a test meeting to familiarize yourself with Zoom.
Should the client need to reschedule, this can be done up to 48 hours before the consultation.
The consultation can be cancelled and the fees are reimbursable, minus an administrative fee of 20%. This can be done up to 48 hours before the consultation, otherwise no reimbursement applies.
You can schedule another consultation by paying again the fees (no discount applies).
Should you be unable to connect for technical reasons, another option would be to call at the number provided in the consultation confirmation email, providing the code. If this does not work either, you can email us with the subject: Urgent – technical issues.
The consultation is to evaluate and answer the questions on the profile of the client and, if applicable, dependent spouse and/or children.
Should the client want to invite an additional person other than the love partner in the call, this would be possible. The fact of inviting another person to the consultation is deemed to be an authorization to disclose your personal information to the invitee.
No. However you may want to have at hand documents pertinent to your immigration project like your Canadian permits, your passport or diplomas in case you feel you may need to look at those documents in order to reply to the questions of the consultant.
Should you have additional questions after the 60 minutes of consultation have passed, you can schedule another consultation or sign a representation contract for our full services.